2016 Final Four Guide

Explore Indianapolis, home of the women’s NCAA Final Four

Chloe Meister | Presentation Director

DrinksGFX

Colleen Simms | Design Editor

Thirsty Scholar
This coffee, beer and wine bar serves light fare and appetizers, and features live entertainment on weekends. Students from Indiana University – Purdue University Indianapolis tend to hang out at this joint, grabbing coffee by day and wine by night.

Kilroy’s Bar N’ Grill
Advertising Memphis-style barbecue, Kilroy’s Bar covers all your barbecue needs and also serves pizzas, burgers, sandwiches and wraps. There are plenty of TV’s so you can stay updated on the world outside of the Final Four.

Broad Ripple Village
This isn’t a bar, but rather a region full of them. The trendy, Westcott-like area just north of downtown Indianapolis features restaurants, lively bars and clubs and eclectic shops.

Scotty’s Brewhouse
Combining bar and restaurant, Scotty’s Brewhouse is the place for juicy burgers, crispy wings and specialty sauces while watching any other games on the big screen.

FoodGFX

Colleen Simms | Design Editor

Bazbeaux (downtown or Broad Ripple)
This handcrafted pizza joint was created in Indianapolis and has locations in trendy Broad Ripple and downtown Indy. To start, try their Greek Salad and fresh mozzarella plate. Meat lovers can grab the Colossus pizza for vegetarians should try the pesto, the Basilica or Bazbeaux special.

The RAM Restaurant and Brewery
If you can’t decide what you’re in the mood for, Ram’s might be the place for you. The menu runs the gamut, including burgers, pasta, fish, sandwiches, wings, tacos and nachos.

Yats Cajun Creole
Looking for Cajun or Creole fare? Yats is the place. Famous for its gumbo, Yats boasts affordable, quick and quality food. Specialities include their Drunken Chicken or chili cheese etouffe, as well as their amazing fresh-baked bread.

Nada
This relatively new Mexican restaurant is located right in the heart of downtown Indy. Labeling itself as “modern Mexican,” its chefs give their own twist to traditional meals like mac and cheese with jalepenos. Its modern interior matches these distinct dishes.

ActivitiesGFX

Colleen Simms | Design Editor

Indianapolis Museum of Art, Children’s Museum of Indianapolis
Just because you’re technically an adult doesn’t mean you can’t head to this museum. Spanning 472,900 square feet, The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis is the largest such museum in the country and has been voted one of the best as well. Exhibits range from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and China’s Terra Cotta Warriors to glassblowing and animal myths.

Indy Motor Speedway
May 29 will mark the 100th running of the distinguished Indianapolis 500. Check out how the track is preparing for the upcoming race day. The record for most victories — which is four — is shared by three men: A.J. Foyt, Al Unser and Rick Mears.

The Canal Walk and White River State Park
Visitors can walk, run, bike or even rent pedal boats down this scenic path. Twisting through downtown Indianapolis alongside the White River, the White River State Park and the Canal Walk connect visitors with the NCAA Hall of Champions, the Indianapolis Zoo and the Eiteljorg Museum of American Indians and Western Art, among others.

ShoppingGFX

Colleen Simms | Design Editor

Mass Ave
Mass Ave brands itself as “45 degrees from ordinary” with its art galleries, eclectic shops and boutiques. It is home to the oldest shoe store in the nation, Stout’s Shoes, established in 1886. There’s also a shop called The Best Chocolate in Town, which is pretty self-explanatory, and IndyFringe, a theater and performing arts venue.

Circle Centre Mall
Right in downtown Indianapolis, Circle Centre Mall is a prime shopping destination for visitors and residents alike, hosting stores such as Carson Pirie Scott and Banana Republic. Eight sit-down restaurants and United Artist Theaters round out the entertainment experience.

Silver in the City
One of Indianapolis natives’ favorite gift shops, Silver in the City crafts jewelry, housewares and miscellaneous items in its shop on Mass Ave. Looking for a souvenir from your time in Indianapolis? Look no further, as Silver in the City sells Indiana T-shirts and other quirky apparel.